Cost: $35 Entry Fee
By completing the information form, you are committing to completing the challenge. Entry Fee includes admission to fitness facilities for events and a Lean on the Lakeshore T-shirt. All participants who sign up before Dec.1st will also receive extra incentives!
Ways to Participate:
Make your own team:
Chose a captain and invent a fun team name. Have the captain create a team. Then have friends, family or co-workers search for that team name and register as part of the team. You will get full use of all of the events on the schedule- including a finale full of prizes! No requirements to make, just enjoy!
As an Individual:
You’re invited to participate in all events and activities, and share in the education and informational process.
Important dates to note:
- Jan 5th 6am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm at HFM Wellness Center
- Jan 6th 11am to 7pm at HFM Wellness Center
- Jan 7th 8:30am to 11am at HFM Wellness Center
- Jan 8th KICK OFF 11am to 1pm - New Registrants
- Jan 8th KICK OFF 2pm to 4pm - Participants registered before Kickoff
*Those weighing in before the Kickoff do not need to weigh in again at the Kickoff.
- Weigh outs: April 16-19, locations and time TBD
- The Finale: April 22nd at the Lighthouse Inn
Event registration will open 2 weeks before the start of an event with the exception of events in the first two weeks which will open on kickoff.
This schedule was last updated: 1/3/17
Download the most recent version HERE.
- 11am- 1pm: Registration and weigh-in for those registering at the kickoff. *Priority for weigh-ins will go to new registrants during this time frame.
- 2pm- 4pm: Weigh-ins for any participant who signed up before January 8th. *Priority will be given to pre-registered participants during this time frame.
- 11:15am to 11:45: Zumba with Emily Howe and Lisa Hansen
- 12:15pm to 12:45: Jazzercise with Deb Klingeisen
- 1:15pm to 1:45: Cardio Kickboxing with Jaime Grainger from the YMCA
- 2:15pm to 2:45pm: Gretchen Joubert – HOW TO REGISTER FOR EVENTS AND HOW TO CANCEL IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND THEM
- 2:45pm to 3:15pm: Joni Shavlik – SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS AND WHAT IS BUILT INTO THE PROGRAM TO HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOALS
- PLUS Local wellness vendors and information on gym membership discounts.
- Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts. This ensures our emails don’t go to your SPAM box.
- Drink at least 64oz of water a day!
- Journal your food intake, water and exercise. MyFitnessPal,'Lose It' app, MyPlate.gov, 'Fit Day' App and Livestrong.com are all FREE! This one thing makes you so much more successful than if you didn’t journal.
- Exercise a minimum of 30mins a day.
- Use the Schedule!
What is Lean on the Lakeshore Challenge?
Lean on the Lakeshore is a 100-day weight loss challenge starting January 8th, 2017, open to anyone who lives or works in Manitowoc County and is interested in living a healthier lifestyle or losing weight.
Each week, teams are invited to attend various events and activities at different locations in Manitowoc County. Activities will include exercise classes or sessions at various fitness facilities, as well as outdoor fitness activities. Events will include nutrition education presentations, cooking demonstrations, and fitness challenges. This year’s challenge will have a military fitness theme and will also include learning about Asian Cooking.
The cost of registration is $35.00 and includes t-shirt, activities on the 100 day schedule at many local facilities, guidance via Facebook and emails, a finale party where you can win free gym memberships!