Date(s) - 11/01/2019 - 01/19/2020
Registration is now open!
Welcome to HFM Lean on the Lakeshore!
If you are registering more than one person, you will be required to enter their full name, email address, gender and t-shirt size. This email address will be the one they use to register for events, so please, be sure it’s accurate. Please read all the information below.
HOLY FAMILY MEMORIAL LEAN ON THE LAKESHORE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
This is a waiver and release of liability form. By signing below, you are waiving important rights you may have arising from any physical injury, temporary or permanent that you may sustain, including death. It is important you thoroughly read and understand the provisions of this waiver and release of liability form before you sign it.
In consideration of voluntarily electing to participate in the Holy Family Memorial, Inc. (hereafter “HFM”) “Lean on the Lakeshore” challenge, (the “Program”), the undersigned (“Participant”) acknowledges and agrees that:
- The Participant hereby declares the Participant to be physically and mentally sound, and not suffering from any condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness or condition that would prevent the Participant from participation in the Program contemplated herein. Participant has been informed of the recommendation for a physician’s approval for the Participant’s participation in the Program. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to obtain an examination of the Participant by a physician prior to the Participant’s involvement in the Program or any HFM health and wellness program. By signing below, the Participant acknowledges that the Participant has either had a physical examination and has been given his/her physician’s permission to participate in the Program, or has chosen not to obtain a physician’s permission prior to beginning the Program and acknowledges that the Participant is participating in the Program at his/her own risk.
- The Participant understands and is aware that the wellness and weight loss Program the Participant is about to undertake is a potentially hazardous activity. The Participant acknowledges the possibility that physical injuries arising during and/or resulting from engaging in the activities associated with the Program exists. The Participant is voluntarily participating in the Program and with the knowledge of the dangers involved.
- The Participant knowingly and freely assumes all such risks, both known and unknown, and assumes full responsibility for the Participant’s participation.
- Participant, for himself/herself and on behalf of his/her heirs, assigns, personal representatives, estate, and next of kin, hereby indemnifies, releases, holds harmless, and covenants not to sue Holy Family Memorial, Inc., Manitowoc/Two Rivers YMCA, Jazzercise Manitowoc, Defiant Fitness, LLC, Prana Groove LLC, CrossFit Manitowoc, Anytime Fitness, Inc., and any other businesses hosting activities and events associated with the Program, and their respective officers, representatives, executors, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of any premises used to conduct the Program (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all claims, demands, damages, injuries (including death), rights of action or causes of action, present or future, arising out of or connected to the Participant’s participation in the Program or any other activities, including, without limitation, the use of equipment, or any and all acts or omissions by the Releasees and their representatives. This waiver and release of liability includes, but is not limited to, injuries to the Participant and/or others, including other participants that may occur as a result of equipment malfunction, defects in the design or condition of equipment, slips, falls, or dropping of equipment or weights, and any hazardous condition that may exist on any premises, including, but not limited to, any Program workout facility, the Releasees’ instruction or supervision, or damage to property (including Participant’s personal property), including, but not limited to, equipment.
- The Participant expressly agrees that this waiver and release of liability release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the State of Wisconsin, and this release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin. The Participant expressly agrees that if any portion thereof is held invalid, the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. The Participant hereby gives unrestricted and perpetual permission for Participant’s likeness to be shown in any photographs, electronic video recordings, motion pictures, still photography, or otherwise, either with or without sound, in whole or in part, and further gives permission for the use, reuse, publishing, re-publishing, and display of any of the foregoing in which Participant may be included for Program publicity purposes. Participant hereby indemnifies, releases, and holds harmless the Releasees from any claims for such use of Participant’s likeness. Participant understands and agrees that neither HFM nor any other entity has an obligation to use his/her likeness in any manner whatsoever. Participant hereby waives any right that Participant may have to inspect or approve the photographs, videos, or other media that includes his/her likeness, or the materials into which they may be incorporated or used. Participant understands and agrees that any publicity that Participant might receive as a result of the use of photographs, videos, or other Program media shall be adequate consideration for the provisions of this Section.
- I understand that all fees paid are nonrefundable and nontransferable and that fees shall be paid prior to the first Program weigh in/workout session. Weight loss should be the result of healthy eating and exercise habits. Participants are on the honor system and should participate in healthy and fair manner.
By executing below, the participant acknowledges that he/she has thoroughly read this waiver and release and fully understands that it is a waiver and release of liability. By signing this document, the undersigned is waiving any right he/she, his/her heirs and/or assigns, any minor child, or any third party may have to bring any and all legal action or assert any and all claims against the releasees, or their employees, representatives, executors, agents, trainers, members and assigns.
The participant represents and warrants that they are executing this waiver and release freely and willfully and not under any fraud or duress and he/she further represents that he/she has had sufficient time to review and consider the impact of executing this waiver and release.
Read before submitting. You are waiving important rights by submitting this registration. Consult an attorney if you do not understand any provision in this waiver and release.
Bookings are closed for this event.